Sometimes we face difficulties explaining older generations the terms that have just appeared. One of them is sustainability.
Here are some useful tips helping you to simplify this word for your mom!
- Be laconic. Don’t terrify her with a big amount of scientific terms.
- Start with the smallest thing to discuss and smoothly move to bigger ones.
- Give an understandable example. Compare it with something your mom is familiar with! For instance, with using non-stick pans to prevent collapse in your kitchen.
- Give some visual support to your speech. Show her pictures, videos or even documentaries concerning this issue.
- Finally, be patient while explaining it to your mom! As soon as you start losing your temper, think who taught you to speak!